Articles in this Series:
- About Page
- Contact Page
- Disclosure Page
- Subscribe Page
- Special Purpose Pages (landing pages, squeeze pages, etc.)
- HOME Page
- Ads (from an ad network such as Google Adsense)
- Affiliate links (to third-party companies with whom you have an “affiliate relationship”)
- A subscribe form to send out your own e-newsletter or regular e-zine
- A free “give-away” to obtain a visitor’s email address
- A free download, requiring the site visitor to provide their email address
- A shopping cart, where you collect necessary “sales-related” information from your site visitor
- A PayPal (or similar) button, where a third party is requesting personal information from your site visitor
Why Do I Need One?
Okay, I’m Convinced…but How Do I Write One?
- http://www.serprank.com/privacy-policy-generator/ Specific for Google Adsense web sites
- http://www.privacypolicyonline.com/ Generates compliant policies for PPC & affiliate networks.
Make Sure You Comply!
Just having a Privacy or Use Policy (also referred to a Terms of Service or TOS) in place isn’t sufficient. You must make sure that the terms fit both your industry and your business! If you say what you do with customer information, then don’t follow through, you’re still going to be in trouble, and possibly violating state or federal laws (see #3 above).
Keep It Current!
If you add an affiliate or ad network as your web site grows, make sure your policies are current with the requirements of those networks.
Make It Clearly Visible
Add a Button to Every Form